~ And ~
- 50%+ of Egyptians livelihood related to the agribusiness ecosystem
- 7 million farmers and 40-45% rural women labor
- 80% of cultivated land in small holdings of ±3 acres
- Representing the largest component of MSMEs and informal sector
- High level of crop losses reaching up to 40/50%
- Up to 4 M acres new desert development & land reclamation schemes
- Cooperatives not functioning depriving farmers from economy of scale
- No connection between small farmers, industry and research
- Rural exodus expels youth to urban slums or migration.
- Value chain strategies with inclusive approach matching large operators to SMEs and small farmers groups to leverage exports.
- Upgrading and aggregating small farmers to meet new food safety and export regulations through capacity building of existing entities and/or design of new structures/clusters.
- Customized extension services and technical support on mobile apps.
- Promoting new agribusiness start-ups focused on youth and women within VC strategies.
- Facilitating access to finance to provide alternative to the traders.
- Innovative marketing solutions combining the use of ICT to the creation of new supply chain players and distribution schemes